Before you can use your Extreme you need to get it to the water and a few things need to be checked when your boat is hitched on.
- Outboard motor is tilted up to avoid leg dragging
- Prop flag is on
- Rear tie downs are on to hold aft end securely down and stop boat sliding back if there was an issue with the front winch rope/chain
- Clicker on the trailer winch is "engaged" so the winch rope cannot be pulled out
- Safety chain is connected from the trailer to the towing eye of the boat
- Tow hitch is seated and locked onto the tow ball correctly and locking pins/hitches in place
- Safety chain/chains are attached from trailer to vehicle or brake away cord attached
- If you have a Sport Fisher model we recommend you DO NOT tow with the Bimini cover, or clears on. Remove the canvas, or fold rocket launcher back to reduce windage while towing which will stress the framing
Extreme Boats take no responsibility for the way boats are trailered and loaded while travelling. All towing weights advertised are based on a basic spec boat with no fuel/ water or gear. Boats should always be fueled as close to the launching destination as possible to avoid extra weight while trailering.